Fulll and finished Storyline.

<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:41 pm

Fulll and finished Storyline.

The Rebel,
It would seem our player is a large threat to the combine. Our player, the only citizen on the train, is surrounded by 20 combine armed and ready to kill. In the passenger car ahead of him sit another 20 combine.
Next thing the player knows his world is set spinning as the train increases speed and explodes as it nears a sharp turn in the track where the passenger cars collide over the side of the hill and crash against the many large trees.

Now that your interested you have 4 choices.
1. Join the mod, read the rest of the Storyline and contact me at AJDotl@hotmail.com
(Yeah, I'm still the mod leader lol. all are welcome to join.)
2. Stop where you are and be sent into torment for hafting to wait.
3. Don't join the mod and spoil the mod for yourself by reading the rest of the storyline.
4. Continue to not be interested and leave forgetting this mod ever existed. You were, never here. None of this, ever happened......

Continuing on with the storyline now.

Episode 1 of The Rebel

It would seem the group of 5 Rebels who crashed your train are in for a surprise. At first they thought that it was just a train full of Combine but as the airships arrived and ground units flooded in they soon found out it was of more importance then just a Combine train.
Before long the rebels were captured, And the combine began to clean up the crash. The player wakes up to discover the combine have thrown him and all the dead combine from the train into the mines. The Player searches the dead combine for weapons but fines only a shotgun and pestle. The combine locked the entrance to the mines so the Player is forced to head deeper into tho mines.

Throughout the mines the player will solve a few puzzles and hopefully get spooked a bunch by nasty Zombies. heheh

On exiting he must then find the rebels vehicle, they didn't walk all the way there. When he finds the nice little jeep he gets to spend a nice time driving through the woods and up over the mountain all the way to the shipyard. Oh, and btw, while he drives along this pretty forest road he comes across a 12 year old crashed Black Mesa train where he gets a nice lazar snipping gun and another gun that he doesn't know what it does but he found out if he pulls the trigger things disappear. unfortunately the batteries run out fast and take a long time to recharge.

When the player gets to the shipyard he gets to destroy a combine base and free the Rebels who crashed his train. If he did not free them they would have been killed and their minds read. However it was a tad to late, One of them had already had his mind read by the big sluggard and was dead.
So now the combine know where that Rebels main base is.

When the player destroyed the base he drove a semi into the support pillars of a dock crane. Using the cool toys that the ep2 content is going to give us we are going to make this totaly awesome effect where the semi tank explodes and wipes out any combine near the semi. Then the support pillars for the crane crumble. The crane begins to fall over, the pips it was holding swing around and break a combine tower into pieces. Then the rest of the crane falls onto the combine base caving in the roof.
The player is then able to climb up one of the pipes into the destroyed tower. And then into the base where he saves the 4 rebels.

Note: Sometimes in the mod, maybe when the player was driving the jeep, the player gets to see a zombie leap off the top of a radio tower, and when it leaps it makes a zombie sound that sounds more human then zombie. Also this zombie needs to seam different then all the others. Shouldn't be to hard seeing as how any normal zombie is smart enough not to go leaping off radio towers.

So the player and the rebels have to get out of the Shipyard to warn the base before it's to late.

So they sped toward a hill in their jeep. About half way up the rebels jump out saying "We're going to jump out and take the short cut over the rail road bridge to the other side of the river. We need you to drive the jeep all the way to the top of the hill to the dam and over the other side. Continue down the dirt road on the other side. We will have someone waiting along the road for you."

So the player drives up the road to the dam. His plan doesn't work out to well. As it turns out the combine were grouping for the attack at the dam. So the player fights for a while, kills as many as he can, used up all his ammo, and then the combine kill him. After he is 'dead' he is tossed once again by the combine, but this time he is tossed over the edge of the dam, rather then into the mines.

So down he falls all the way to the river, where he floats along for a while and is saved by those 4 rebels once again.
So, they give him a health kit or 2 and suddenly the player is all happy and ready to go.
As night falls the 4 rebels and the player walk through head crab infested woods trying to get to the base in time to warn them of the attack.

Finally night has come and the 4 rebels arrive at the base with the player. They warn the base that the combine will attack, but there is no time to escape, so the base is made ready for a full attack.

At the break of dawn our battle begins with the deep rumbling of combine air ships and ground units flooding in.
Their numbers totaling at:
10 striders.
2 helicopters.
3 attack air ships.
15 hunters.
2 tanks.
and 50 troops.

For 10 minuets the Rebels and vortigons fight the combine, but it is a losing battle.
Retreating into their most fortified building the combine press in for the final attack.

Suddenly, time slows to a stop...
"You've lived through some extraordinary events Mr. Thomas. However, it is unlikely you will live to see, for much longer.. Rather then, wasting your, abilities on these people, I'm going to offer you an, alternative, to you present circumstances." *holds hand out and portal appears.*
"Time to choose, Gregory Thomas."
The player cannot move, so the Gman waits for a little bit, then continues.
"Very well, Mr. Thomas. I'll leave you to your, chances..."

Gman then turns to go, he walks away a little, then stops. Turns his head to the right, if you look closely you can see a little bit of a grin. Then slowly and calmly he raises his hand. And gently brushes it along side a rocket that is floating in the frozen time. Then turns, and continues to walk away.
As Gman walks away he fades out and Time speeds back up to normal.
The rocket that Gman touched, was now on a different path then it had been when Gman appeared.
It was now on course o hit a strider.
As the strider charged up for a blue lazar attack the rocket sped right into the barrel of the striders lazar gun.
As the Strider shot and the rocket hit the strider backfired into a huge ring of blue lazar.
The ring of blue lazar started a chain reaction as it expanded in every direction. All other striders still standing were destroyed. the tops of trees were cut off.
And as the striders and trees fell they crushed Hunters and combine troops.

Suddenly you see, Gman changed the battle to the rebels favor.
As the Rebel win their victory the game fades out. And all the player sees, is the faint face of the Gman.
"Now that your, friends, will live, you have some, work, to attend to."
<<

vecima

Type 3
Type 3

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Fulll and finished Storyline.

enticing! :t3razz:
<<

Nesretep

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:51 am

Definitely cool. I like how the player "dies" twice during the game but then is able to continue on. It will probably be a great surprise for the player to die and come back again.
The Battle of Philadelphia
Community Relations Team Lead
Type 3 Studios Community Member
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 am

Well, heh heh, I was thinking about haveing him 'die' in the semi when it exploded in the shipyard as well. heheh.

There is this one rebel, one of the 4, named Jerry.
In the bigining before the combine started flooding in Jerry sees the player and says somthng like "Hey guys look, What's that fellow doing in the train there wit the combine? o well, he's dead anyway. no one oculd live through that crash."

Then later during the shipyard thing I was thinking the 4 rebels could excape after the player blew up the base and the 4 would leave the player behind because they thought he died in the semi.
Jerry: "Hey guys look, whats that dead guy from the train doing in the crain there? o well, he's dead anyway. No one could live through that explotion."

Then after the player is killed and thrown off the dam:
Jerry: "Hey guys look, Its the dead guy thats been following us around. How do you figure the he keeps getting in our way? O well, he's dead anyway. No one could live through that fall."

And in the end the Rebels leave him behind every time and when he wakes up he has to find his way to the rebel base alone.

Just a small change to the storyline but its funny and it give me less NPC work heh heh.
What do you think?
<<

Nesretep

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:16 pm

It is kinda humorous..."What the...it's that dead guy again! How'd he...I guess it doesn't really matter now, he could never survive 'X'" :D
The trick will be balancing the humor with the seriousness you want to convey in the storyline as well. But that is what playtesting is for, eh?
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Right on lol. The more I think about it the more I like it.
I think I think I'll do it.
And I have to put Gman in the background every time the player is 'dead'
That way what Gman says in the end makes more sense.

I also want Jerry to sound kinda dumb. He's suposed to be the Dumb, funny guy. heh heh. :t3cool:

Dumb people are always funny. well, most of the time anyway.
<<

Nesretep

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 am

Re: Full and finished Storyline.

Nicadeamas wrote:Right on lol. The more I think about it the more I like it.
I think I think I'll do it.
And I have to put Gman in the background every time the player is 'dead'
That way what Gman says in the end makes more sense.

I also want Jerry to sound kinda dumb. He's suposed to be the Dumb, funny guy. heh heh. :t3cool:

Dumb people are always funny. well, most of the time anyway.

It sounds good to me. As far as the Gman appearing each time the player dies, you want to make sure you place him somewhere the player is likely to be already looking or is Jerry's line to be given in a cutscene instead?
<<

Nicadeamas

Captain
Captain

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Fell for the bigining 'death' you get to see the train carsh then it fades out and fade back in, and when it fades back in you are looking through the players eyes at Jerry who is standing in the middle of the wrecage.
Jerry says a line or 2 then the camera goes freestyle to show some other cool stuf while Jerry and his buddy talk, then the combine show up etc etc.
So Gman could be on the other side of a train cart looking at the player through a broken window or somthing, Then Gman leaves and the combine show up heh.

For the Shipyard I think the camera will just be looking through the players eyes, so you will see the inside of the semi cab, Jerry standing out in the open looking at you, and I think Gman standing on some balcony way back in the background.

And for the dam, I think I'll have Gman standing on the bank as the player floats by hehe :t3lol:

Then I might put Gman in diferant places in the background that the player may or maynot see. but it's inportant that he sees the Gman when he is 'dead'. :t3cool:
<<

Nesretep

Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:31 pm

I think you're on to something here...rock on with your bad self! :t3cool:

Return to The Rebel (inactive)